Given the complicated immigration laws in the USA, the UK, and other countries in the twenty-first century, Canada is a popular immigration destination. Canada is already a well-known destination for immigrants because to migrants. Furthermore, Canada’s infrastructure, employment prospects, economy, and welcoming immigration policies have drawn tens of thousands of immigrants each year.
Anyone wishing to work, travel, or enroll in school in Canada must apply for a Canada visa. The application must be completed and submitted in person or online. Depending on the type of visa requested, each application requires a varying amount of time to process after submission.
You can check your visa status online for applications submitted online or on paper. This post will describe the simplest methods to verify your Canada visa status in detail. The guide will pay special attention to verifying a Canada visa’s status using a passport number.
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE: 25 Most in Demand Jobs in Canada
Step by Step guide on how to check your visa status in Canada
There are quite a number of ways of checking your visa status in Canada. With the help of resource associates and immigration experts, we have listed below the different ways through which you can check for visa status.
1. How to Check Canada Visa Application Status Online.
The IRCC website allows you to check the progress of your application for a Canada visa online. The steps you must take are as follows:
- Open the IRCC’s status page from any location in the world.
- The visa type can be chosen from a drop-down menu. For instance, if you applied for a visitor’s visa to Canada, you may choose that option.
- To check the progress of your application for a Canada visa, you must log into the account you made when submitting your application online.
- Continue reading if you applied on paper to learn how to link your account.
- Select the “Check Status and Messages” area. Under the main headline, “View my submitted applications or profiles,” you can locate this section.
- The information regarding visa approval, denial, or processing will be immediately available to you.
You can also follow the status of your application for an immigration visa, an eTA, a study permit, or a student visa for Canada.
You can also link your paper application to an online account using the URL previously provided. This connection technique can enable online Canada Visa Status checks and regular updates. You need to provide the necessary application and verification details to connect your profile.
2. Canada Visa Status Check with Passport Number Online
How to check Canada visa status online with passport number
Some people might prefer to use their passport number to check the status of their Canada visa online. This approach does not call for the creation of an internet account. Instead, you must follow the instructions below to verify the status of your Canada visa using your passport number:
- Look for the option to check the progress of your visa application on the Canadian consulate’s website at https://www.canada.ca.
- On the website, there is a link that leads to the tracking system. To get information about your Visa application, use the tracking system.
- You must first enter your date of birth and passport acknowledgment number.
- You will then be required to enter the captcha to confirm that you are a human user.
- Bot traffic can be prevented with this method.
- Finally, press “Submit” and watch as the procedure is processed.
Do not confuse the online passport delivery tracking feature with the option to follow your visa status. On the website, you may also discover links totrackw the delivery of your passport as it travels through the mail system. Only if you are waiting to verify the status of your Canada visa after receiving your passport in person do those links apply! You may trace the location of your passport using those links just like any other courier.
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE: Pre-Masters: Stepping Stones for a Graduate Degree in the USA and Canada
How to Check Your Canada Visa Status Physically?
Canada visa status check can be done physically.
Waiting for the passport to arrive is the quickest way to find out if your application for a Canada visa was accepted. You typically have two options for getting a passport:
- At the Canada Visa Application Center, obtain the passport in person. Your passport can be obtained here upon request from authorized officials who are present.
- The postal service can deliver passports. You have a unique pin code when you submit your Canadian visa application. When requesting postal passport retrieval services, be sure to include the code on the system.
The second choice has additional fees that must be paidtoo have your passport returned. To pick up the passport in person, you typically require the following two documents:
- Receipt for an invoice.
- Photo ID with a government stamp.
No paperwork is necessary to obtain a passport if you are getting it by mail. Due to the sensitivity of the document, the passport is returned back to the center right away if no one is available to accept it at your home.
In both situations, you can verify the status of your Canada visa right away by opening your passport and looking for the visa stamp. Your information will be printed out and adhered to a piece of paper that will validate the success of your application and permit you to enter Canada for the allotted time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I check my Canada visa status with passport number?
The passport number can be used to track the status of the visa. If the applicant loses the acknowledgment number given to him, this feature will be helpful.
How can I find my visa number Canada?
This number can be found in the top right corner of the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document you received from an IRC office or the immigration center where you submitted your application.
How can I check my visa status online?
You must visit the official website of the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC), Bureau of Consular Affairs, US Department of State, in order to check the status of your non-immigrant US visa online.
Depending on your place of origin and the political and social climate at the time of application, processing timeframes for a Canada visa can vary significantly. The processing times for various types of visa applications may differ.
Normally, the processing time for a Canada visitor visa might range from 16 days to just over a month. The processing time for applications submitted from within Canada is only 12 days.