A housekeeper or cleaner sanitizes and cleans hotel and guest rooms. sweeps and vacuums rugs, carpets, and floors. alters linens and makes beds. cleans and sanitizes counters, sinks, showers, toilets, and restrooms. Replaces towels and toiletries. These and many more are among the roles and duties of the housekeeper or cleaner.
How to Apply for House Cleaner & Housekeeper Jobs
If you are looking to apply for house cleaner or housekeeper jobs, there are several steps you can take:
- Make a list of your relevant experience and skills. This could include any previous cleaning or housekeeping jobs you have had, as well as any relevant certifications or training.
- Create a resume that highlights your relevant experience and skills. Be sure to include any relevant education or training, as well as any special skills that may be relevant to the job (such as proficiency in a foreign language or knowledge of certain cleaning techniques).
- Look for job openings in your area. You can search online job boards, check classified ads in local newspapers, or ask friends and family if they know of any openings.
- Tailor your cover letter and resume to the specific job you are applying for. Be sure to highlight any skills or experience that make you a strong candidate for the job.
- Submit your application materials to the employer. You may be asked to complete an application, or you may be able to submit your resume and cover letter directly.
- Prepare for the interview. Research the company and be prepared to discuss your relevant experience and why you are interested in the job.
- Follow up after the interview. If you haven’t heard back from the employer after a week or two, consider sending a brief follow-up email to reiterate your interest in the position and inquire about the status of your application.
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE: Construction workers Job Opportunities – How to Apply
What are the 3 Qualifications of the Housekeeper?
There are no specific qualifications that are required for a housekeeper, as the job duties and requirements can vary greatly depending on the employer and the specific position. However, some common qualifications that may be relevant for a housekeeper include:
- Physical stamina: Housekeeping can be physically demanding, as it often involves tasks such as cleaning, dusting, and vacuuming for long periods of time.
- Attention to detail: A housekeeper should be able to perform tasks with a high level of precision and care, ensuring that the living space is thoroughly cleaned and well-maintained.
- Organizational skills: A housekeeper may be responsible for keeping track of cleaning supplies, laundry, and other household tasks, so good organizational skills can be helpful.
- Interpersonal skills: A housekeeper may work closely with other household staff and may also interact with guests, so good communication and interpersonal skills can be important for building positive relationships and providing excellent customer service.
- Flexibility: A housekeeper may be required to work weekends, holidays, and odd hours, so the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing schedules can be important.
Where to find cleaner and housekeeper jobs?
There are a number of places where you can find cleaner and housekeeper jobs, including:
- Online job boards: Websites like Indeed, Monster, and Glassdoor often have listings for cleaner and housekeeper positions. You can use these sites to search for jobs in your area and apply directly to the employer through the website.
- Staffing agencies: Staffing agencies can be a good resource for finding temporary or contract work as a cleaner or housekeeper. These agencies often have a database of job openings and can help match you with a suitable position.
- Professional organizations: Many professional organizations, such as the International Association of Professional Housekeepers, offer job boards or employment resources for members.
- Classified ads: Check local classified ads in newspapers or online for listings for cleaner and housekeeper positions.
- Social media: LinkedIn and Facebook can be good places to find job openings, as many companies use these platforms to advertise open positions.
- Directly contacting businesses: If you have a particular company or organization in mind that you would like to work for, you can try reaching out to them directly to inquire about any open positions.
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE: How to Apply for a Warehouse worker Job
How Much do a housekeeper and Cleaner earn?
The salary of a housekeeper or cleaner can vary greatly depending on factors such as the individual’s level of experience, education, and location. According to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median hourly wage for housekeeping cleaners was $10.96 in May 2021. However, wages can range from as low as $8.72 per hour to as high as $15.00 per hour or more.
It’s worth noting that they pay many housekeepers and cleaners on an hourly basis, and some may receive additional pay for working overtime or on weekends and holidays. Some housekeepers and cleaners may also receive benefits such as health insurance and paid time off.
It’s also important to note that the BLS data includes all workers in the housekeeping and cleaning industry, including those working in hotels, hospitals, and other facilities. The wages for housekeepers and cleaners working in private homes may vary.