Mauritius is an island nation in the Indian Ocean that is 2400 kilometers southeast of the continent of Africa. It is well known as a tourist haven. When you visit Mauritius for a period of time each year, it makes for a beautiful memory.
The island nation is home to a wide variety of breathtaking natural sights, however today we are not discussing Mauritius’s tourism attractions. We are interested in learning about the Nigerian visa requirements for Mauritius.
Because of this, many individuals have also been enquiring as to whether Nigerian citizens do not require a visa to enter the island nation. We will soon find out, I suppose.
Is Mauritius a visa-free country for Nigerians?
Yes, a Nigerian citizen who wishes to visit Mauritius may do so for a maximum of 14 days. This means that if you are a citizen of Nigeria, you are eligible for a 14-day visa on arrival for Mauritius. Some other African nations can go to Mauritius without a visa.
There is a drawback to this kind of visa, though. You should be informed that only Nigerian people traveling to Mauritius for tourism, business, or visits may use this type of visa-on-arrival arrangement between Nigeria and Mauritius. Therefore, if you plan to travel there for work or education, we strongly urge that you register for a visa before departing.
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE: Belarus Visa For Nigerians | Requirements
Necessary Documents for Traveling to Mauritius from Nigeria
Nigeria doesn’t have an embassy for Mauritius. Therefore, you must present the following documents at the Mauritius airport or embassy upon arrival, regardless of the reason for your trip from Nigeria to Mauritius. We also want to make clear that even if you are going under the 14-day on arrival visa arrangement between Nigeria and Mauritius, it is still vital to have the following documents with you when you arrive in Mauritius.
- You must have a current international passport that contains all of your necessary biodata and a photo.
- Your passport should also have at least six blank pages for applying for visas that have an acceptable validity.
- A copy of the biodata page must be submitted with this.
- Passport-sized photos of 35mm–40mm in width and 45–50mm in height are required.
- A letter of recommendation from your employer or school in Nigeria.
- When requesting a Mauritius travel visa, additional documentation, such as a current health certificate, is required.
- If you’re applying for a visa to Mauritius, the proof of return ticket is typically indicated and displayed in your travel schedule.
- The date of your admission and return, which will be in two weeks, should be shown on your proof of return ticket if you are traveling under the visa-free agreement between Nigeria and Mauritius.
- The proof of reservations for your lodging is a prerequisite for obtaining a visa if you are visiting Mauritius for either business or pleasure.
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE: United Arab Emirates Visa | How To Apply
To ensure a stress-free trip to Mauritius, it is crucial to have these necessary documents before applying for a visa. You should also routinely visit the Mauritius travel website to stay informed about the requirements for Nigerians who want to travel there.
We will also inform you of any modifications to the conditions or most recent developments about the travel via agreement for Nigerian nationals who wish to visit Mauritius.